The CMRA Race School is designed for motorcycle riders who wish to test their skills in organized racing competition during the Regional and National Championship events. All riders must attend a race school before they can apply for a CMRA competition licence. Riders under 18 years of age should contact the CMRA for consent form information before applying.
NEXT RACE SCHOOL DATE - TBD
Friday: CLASSROOM SESSION
Cardel Theater 180 Quarry Park Blvd SE – registration starts at 6:00 pm.
Saturday: TRACK SESSION 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Payment must accompany application or you will not be accepted. (Includes GST)
Entry deadline is ___. (Maximum 56 students, so register early!)
Please use the online registration button (click here) to sign up for the schools online.
Please contact Registration for a username and password.
Calgary Motorcycle Roadracing Association
Sunridge Postal Outlet
P.O. Box 57041
2525 36 Street NE
Cheques should be made out to "Calgary Motorcycle Roadracing Association".
An evening classroom session (Friday) will cover bike preparation, rider preparation, proper racing lines, braking and cornering techniques as well as crash avoidance.
The track session (Saturday all day) will allow students to practice the classroom teachings on a closed course, in small groups, under the supervision of CMRA instructors. Proper braking and cornering techniques will be introduced, and students performance is constantly monitored with feedback readily available throughout the day.
Think of it as a SCHOOL with a 250 km/h STUDY HALL!!
It is suggested, although not a requirement, that students ride a "sportbike" type, road legal machine. Race ready bikes are welcome. The purpose of the school is to allow each student an opportunity to work on their riding skills, and riders will be grouped according to the size of their bike and riding skills. This benefits all students, since you can ride with other riders of similar skills and know what to expect of each other. In order to prepare your bike for the race school, you will need to ensure the following is done:
- ENSURE YOUR MACHINE ARRIVES IN THE MORNING READY TO GO!
- All bikes must be in a safe and roadworthy condition.
- Sidestands may remain on, but only for the school (not racing).
- The following must be removed or taped over: mirrors, signal lights, all glass lenses on instruments (except your tachometer), reflectors, headlights and taillights. (Good rule of thumb here - if it comes off relatively easily and you don't need it, remove it. It's cheaper than buying new ones if you crash.)
- Each bike must have a functional engine kill switch.
- Tires must be in good condition - tires with excessive wear will not be allowed on the track.
- Antifreeze may stay in the bike for the school, but not for racing. Antifreeze is invisible on asphalt and is very slippery. Drain your coolant, flush your rad a couple of times, and fill it with distilled water if you plan on racing.
All riders must provide the following items, to be worn during the riding sessions:
- Approved full face helmets (like Snell 2000, B.S.I., or E.C.E. standards). If you are not sure your helmet is suitable, contact the head instructor in advance.
- Full racing leathers (one piece or two piece). NO jeans or non-leather motocross apparel will be accepted. Leather boots, leather gloves, and a back protector are also required.
Each riders' bike and protective clothing will be checked at technical inspection before the track session.
For further information, email us at email@example.com